We’ve been asked to put up details about QED – the science and skeptical conference which takes place in Manchester every year.
The event takes place on April 25th and 26th of 2015, costing £99 for the weekend (£69 for students and under 18s). They also have a crèche facility still available for booking, but crèche places must be booked before the end of January.
Here’s the details from the organisers. See also the weblink at the bottom.
QED 2015: featuring Lucie Green, Bruce Hood, Dame Sue Ion, AC Grayling and much more!
With QED 2015 less than 3 months away, we are delighted to announce the complete main stage line-up, featuring a range of international scientist and skeptical speakers:
Dr Lucie Green: a physicist and science broadcaster best known for her work on The Sky At Night and Stargazing Live, as well as regular appearances on BBC Radio 4. Photo by Mike Peel.
· Professor Bruce Hood: an experimental psychologist and author who has published extensively in the fields of superstition, supernatural belief and cognitive development.
· Dame Sue Ion: a leading figure in the UK’s nuclear industry and an internationally recognised expert on fuel recycling.
· Professor Marcel Dicke: whose book ‘The Insect Cookbook: Food for a Sustainable Planet’ argues that the Western world undervalues the contribution insects could make to our lives… and to our nutrition.
· Dr Harriet Hall: a former US Air Force flight surgeon who now writes prolifically on the subject of pseudomedicine for the Science Based Medicine blog.
· AC Grayling: philosopher and writer of over 30 books, including “The Good Book”, “Ideas That Matter”, “Liberty in the Age of Terror” and “To Set Prometheus Free”.
· Ryan Bell: a former pastor of almost 20 years, Ryan experimented with giving up God for a year, discovering at the end of his project that he no longer had need for religion in his life.
· Jennifer Michael Hecht: writer, historian, poet and philosopher whose book ‘Doubt: A History’ explored the history of religious and philosophical doubt.
· Matt Dillahunty: host of The Atheist Experience TV show, former president of The Atheist Community of Austin, Texas, and prolific debater of religion apologetics
· Natalie Haynes: comedian and writer whose work encompasses lessons from history and humanist philosophy, Natalie’s appearance at QED 2013 was rated by many as their conference highlight.
· Michael Marshall: the Project Director of the Good Thinking Society, coordinator of the 10:23 Campaign, Psychic Awareness Month and host of Be Reasonable podcast
· Rosie Waterhouse: a journalist and lecturer whose extensive twenty-four year investigation saw her researching the links between satanic abuse, false memories and moral panics.
· Mitch Benn: a musician, comedian and star of BBC Radio 4’s The Now Show, who proved to be one of the highlights of QED 2013, and joins us for 2015 as our Master of Ceremonies
Every single ticket entitles the holder to entry the full programmes for Saturday 25th April and Sunday 26th April, including our popular Saturday night entertainment. To get your ticket to one of the highlights of the skeptical/humanist calendar, tickets costing £99 for the full weekend (£69 for students and under 18s),visit .